Here at Diamond Lake your will discover some of the best fishing in the state that super easy to get to!
Diamond Valley Lake offers great fishing for: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Striped Bass, Rainbow Trout, Lightning Trout, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Green Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish, Tule Perch, Prickly Sculpin, hreadfin Shad and Inland Silverside.
Diamond Valley Lake, located in Riverside County, is one the largest man-made of reservoir located near Hemet, CA that consist of over 4,500 surface acres, is 4.474 miles in length and 1.864 miles wide and a max depth of 260 feet at an elevation of 1,500 feet.
Diamond Valley Lake Hours and Fees
- Diamond Valley Lake is open year-round from sunrise to sunset.
- To get into Diamond Valley Lake you'll need to pay the entrance fee which is $7 per vehicle.
- Fishing permits are $3 per person
- Please note that no pets allowed and body contact with the water is not allowed.
Diamond Valley Lake Boating Information:
- The boating launch fee is $6 and there are rules and regulations on certain boats.
- All boats must be inspected before they are allowed in the water.
- Boats can be rented at the Diamond Valley Lake Marina
Want to find the best fishing spots at Dimond Valley Lake?
Make sure you check in with marina staff to get the most up to date Diamond Lake Fishing Report and info on where to go.
Diamond Valley Lake is FAMOUS for it's Bass !
4000+ Pounds of Rainbows & Lightning Trout Stocked in Diamond Valley Lake including some VERY BIG Trophy Sized Fish! - March 2021
Diamond Valley Lake usually stocks fish twice a month all depending on the water temperature.
World-renowned for its black bass fishing
Diamond Valley Lake Marina
Diamond Valley Marina is your go to spot at Diamond Valley Lake that offers food, retail, and recreation concessionaire
- Boat Rentals (Delux Pontoon, Pontoon, Premium Bass Boats, Fishing Boats)
- Boat Rentals: Hourly, Half & Full Day, which prices can range from $35hr to $300 full day for a premium pontoon boat
- 50% off boat rentals on Wednesdays (not valid for premium bass boats)
- Boat reservations are recommeneded
Diamond Valley Lake Photos
Popular Types of Fish at Diamond Valley Lake
Diamond Valley Lake fishing reports offers a wide variety of fish for Anglers such as: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Striped Bass, Rainbow Trout, Lightning Trout, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Green Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish, Tule Perch, Prickly Sculpin, hreadfin Shad and Inland Silverside.
BASS at Diamond Valley Lake
- Where to Find Bass?
Bass will be in the shallow or closer to the topwater when its cooler and will dive deeper as it gets warmer. During the warmer months Bass can be found down to 30 feet deep.
- Best Bass Bait
- Topwater Walking Baits
- Crankbaits, Shad Spoons
- Spinnerbaits, Swimbaits
- Scroungers with flukes
- Rip baits, Watermelon Lizard
- Worms, AA Worms, Senkos
- Livetarget Hollow Body Frog
- Strike King Finesse KVD Spinnerbait
- Booyah Boo Jig
- Terminator Pro's Jig
- Heddon Zara Spook Lure
- Zoom Bait Finesse Worm Bait
- Yamamoto Senko Bait
- Zoom Bait Brush Hog Bait
- Rapala Rattlin' 05 Fishing Lures
- Best style/colors to use: Shad pattern, watermelon with red flecks, purples, blues and greens
Trout at Diamond Valley Lake
- Where to Find Trout?
Trout loves colder waters and because Diamond Lake is 260 feet deep Trout can thrive here year-round. You can find trout up to 80ft deep as the water temperature rises. To fish for Trout try fishing in the deep waters near the dam, coves, southwest corner of Diamond Lake.
- Best Trout Bait
Catfish at Diamond Valley Lake
- Where to Find Catfish?
As the temperature increase the Catfish will slowly come to the surface otherwise the prefer the deeper water. You can find Catfish in the following areas: Stairways along the dams, Rawson Cove, Near the wave attenuator, Floating Restroom (#2) and 3rd Cove
- Best Catfish Bait
PANFISH at Diamond Valley Lake
- Where to Find Panfish?
You can find Panfish such as Bluegill Crappie, Sunfish, Perch in 5-20 feet of water along the dams, sandy banks and over by the dam as well.
- Bait to use for Panfish
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear for Catfish
Channel Catfish Preferred Bait
Directions to Diamond Valley Lake
Diamond Valley Lake Address:
2615 Angler Avenue
Hemet, CA 92545