Lake Hemet is a water storage reservoir located in the San Jacinto Mountains in Mountain Center, Riverside County, California. Lake Hemet has a capacity of 14,000 acre feet of water, at 4,340 feet in elevation, 420 acres, 12 miles of shoreline and is surrounded by the majestic beauty of the San Jacinto Mountains.
Hemet Lake offer great fishing from the shorelines, launch your own boat or rent a boat from the marina. Boat and kayaks rentals range from two hours, half day and full day and the price can range from $28 - $340. Please see more details at Lake Helmet Boat Rentals.
Hemet Lake offers great fishing for Largemouth Bass, Blue Gill, Sunfish, Catfish, Carp, Yellow Bullhead as well as Rainbow Trout and Lightning Trout which is well stock from November to April each year.
Hemet Lake allows night fishing along the shoreline until 10:00pm that is only for overnight camping guests. Please note that all boats must be off the water by the time the marina closes each day.
If you get hungry at Hemet Lake and would like to take a break, Lake Hemet offers a Soaring Pines Cafe serving delicious food.
Hemet Lake General & Fishing Information
- Lake Hemet is open year round
- Entrance fee is $8.00 per car for 2 persons. Additional for extra people
- A Forrest Adventure pass displayed is required.
- There are six campgrounds with 900 developed sites for tents or RV's.
- Camping rates begin at $17.00 per night
- A lake store for tackle, supplies and other gear is available at Hemet Lake
Hemet Lake Rules, FISHING REGULATIONS & LIMITS
At Hemet Lake you cannot fish dam and boats are not allowed within 100 feet of the Hemet Lake dam or spillway.
The Hemet Lake Marina sells Daily, two-day and annual fishing licenses.
- Licenses required for ages 16 and above.
- No license required for ages 15 and under.
- 5 Trout
- 5 Bass (12″ minimum)
- 10 Catfish
- 25 Bluegill
Hemet Lake Boating Information
- Motor boat rentable are available at Hemet Lake
- Hemet Lake does offer a boat launch ramp that is available for $4
- Boats operating on Lake Hemet must be over 10 ft & there is a 10 mph speed limit
- Float tubes are not allowed on the lake
Hemet Lake Marina, Rentals & Bait Tackle Store
Lake Hemet Campground
56570 Highway 74,
Mountain Center, CA 92561
Lake Hemet offers thousands of camping, live fishing, tackle and gear, food items including: Ice, firewood, s’mores, ice cream, beer, sunscreen, etc.
Lake Hemet also offers a cafe that offers breakfast burritos, grilled panini coffee and more!
Order ahead of time and pick up lunch: (951)659-2680ex 4006
Hemet Lake Marina Hours
- Monday: 8am - 4pm
- Tuesday: 8am - 4pm
- Wednesday: – 8am - 4pm
- Thursday: 8am - 4pm
- Friday: 7am - 4pm
- Saturday: 7am - 4pm
- Sunday: 7am - 4pm
Hemet Lake Market
- Monday: 8am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
- Thursday: 8am - 5pm
- Friday: 8am - 8pm
- Saturday: 7am - 7pm
- Sunday: 7am - 5pm
Hemet Lake Photos
Directions to Hemet
Lake Hemet Address:
56570 State Highway 74
Mountain Center, CA 92561
Lake Hemet Directions:
- Lake Hemet is located 25 miles East of the city of Hemet in Riverside Co.