Lake Hemet is a water storage reservoir located in the San Jacinto Mountains in Mountain Center, Riverside County, California. Lake Hemet has a capacity of 14,000 acre feet of water, at 4,340 feet in elevation, 420 acres, 12 miles of shoreline and is surrounded by the majestic beauty of the San Jacinto Mountains.
Lake Hemet offers plenty of shore fishing and great fishing for stocked with rainbow trout, channel catfish, bluegill, Largemouth bass, Common Carp, Redear Sunfish, Lightning Trout
Hemet Lake Fishing Information
Fishing Regulations & Limits
- 5 Trout
- 5 Bass (12″ minimum)
- 10 Catfish
- 25 Bluegill
- Night Fishing: Is allowed along the shoreline until 10:00pm. All boats must be off the Lake by sunset.
- Fishing licenses: 2020 Fees: Daily $16.46, 2 Day $25.66, Annual $51.02 are sold at the Hemet Lake Store
- Fishing Licenses are required for ages 16 and above. No license required for ages 15 and under. Click here for more fishing regulation information.
Please Note: Fishing is not allowed near the dam, and boats are not allowed within 100 feet of the dam or spillway. There is no access to the dam by foot or car.
Hemet Lake General Information
- Lake Hemet is open year round
- Entrance fee is $8.00 per car for 2 persons. Additional for extra people
- A Forrest Adventure pass displayed is required.
- There are six campgrounds with 900 developed sites for tents or RV's.
- Camping rates begin at $17.00 per night
- A lake store for tackle, supplies and other gear is available at Hemet Lake
Hemet Lake Boating Information
- Motor boat rentable are available at Hemet Lake
- Hemet Lake does offer a boat launch ramp that is available for $4
- Boats operating on Lake Hemet must be over 10 ft & there is a 10 mph speed limit
- Float tubes are not allowed on the lake
Hemet Lake Guest Services/Admin Office
- (951) 659-2680
- Daily – 8am to 4pm
Hemet Lake Marina Hours
- Monday – 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday – CLOSED
- Wednesday – CLOSED
- Thursday – 8am to 4pm
- Friday – 7am to 6pm
- Saturday – 7am to 6pm
- Sunday – 7am to 6pm
Hemet Lake Market
- Monday-Thursday: 8am to 6pm
- Friday: 7am to 9pm
- Saturday: 7am to 9pm
- Sunday: 7am to 6pm
Hemet Lake Photos
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear
Channel Catfish Preferred Bait
Directions to Hemet
Lake Hemet Address:
56570 State Highway 74
Mountain Center, CA 92561
Lake Hemet Directions:
- Lake Hemet is located 25 miles East of the city of Hemet in Riverside Co.
- From I-10 in Beaumont, CA, take the exit on HWY 79 South (aka Lamb Canyon Road).
- Next, turn left on Romona Expressway
- Then turn left at the end at HWY 74 (Florida Ave.).
- Continue on Hwy. 74 18 miles to get to Hemet Lake