Lake Hodges Lake fishing reports that there is great fishing for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Sunfish, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Channel Catfish, Black Bullhead Catfish and Carp in Hodges Lake.
Hodges Lake is a 1,234 acres, with a maximum water depth of 115 feet, and 27 miles of shoreline. Lake Hodges has a total capacity of 30,251 acre-feet of water and the water levels at Hodges Lake are monitored weekly.
Hodges Lake Reservoir located in Southern California, about 31 miles north of San Diego and just south of Escondido, California.
Lake Hodges concession store is operated by Rocky Mountain Recreation. For their current schedule, prices, etc. please visit their website Lake Hodges page.
Hodges Lake Hours & Fees
- Hodges Lake is open February through October for day use only
- Entrance fees are $8 for adults and $2.50 for youths 8-15.
Hodges Lake Boats/Watercraft
- Rental boats are available for fishing
- Canoes, kayaks and float tubes are permitted. Special rules apply to float tubes
- Private boaters are welcome and must pay a launch ramp usage fee and must be inspected and approved before water launch.
Hodges Lake Rules:
- Bass minimum size limit is 15 inches
- Crappie minimum size is 10 inches
- Fish limits are as follow:
- Bass: 5
- Catfish: 5
- Crappie & Bluegill in aggregate: 25
- No limit on other species
- Fishing permits are available at the concession (cash or card) and ranger pay stations (cash only).
- You must have a California State Fishing license if you are 16 years of age or older.
Hodges Lake known for it's Bass and for producing big crappie!
Hodges Lake Photos
Popular Types of Fish at Hodges Lake
Hodges Lake fishing reports offers a wide variety of fish for Anglers such as Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Sunfish, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Channel Catfish, Black Bullhead Catfish and Carp in Hodges Lake.