Lake Poway is a small, clear dam and reservoir in Poway, California and offers great Year-round fishing is available for bass, trout, catfish, sunfish and bluegill and is about 30 miles northeast of downtown San Diego.
Lake Poway heavily stocks with Rainbow Trout in the Winter months and had good shoreline fishing.
- Lake Poway gates open at 6 a.m. daily and are closed and locked at sunset.
- Fishing is permitted from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Please check our weekly fish report for fishing conditions, stocking dates and discounts.
- State fishing licenses are not required; however, Poway fishing permits are required.
- Lake Poway doesn't offer a public launch ramp, and canoes, float tubes and kayaks are not permitted.
Daily Fish Catch Limits
- Bass: 5 max, minimum of 12 inches
- Bluegill: 10 max
- Catfish: 5 max
- Sunfish: 10 max
- Trout: 4 max (no catch and release)
- Bait, tackle, lake permits, and refreshments are available at the Lake Poway Concession.
- Rental boats, including rowboats, motorboats, sailboats, and paddle boats are available through the concession.
- Is open 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m
|Adults (16 to 54)||$7|
|Youth (8 to 15)||$3|
|Youth (7 and under)||Free with paid permit|
|Seniors (55 and older)||$3|
|Active Military (with ID)||$4|
Lake Poway Photos
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear for Catfish
Channel Catfish Preferred Bait
Directions to Lake Poway
Lake Poway is about 30 miles northeast of downtown San Diego.
Lake Poway gates open at 6 a.m. daily and are closed and locked at sunset.