Lower Otay Lake Fishing Report Overview
Lower Otay Lake is a 1,100-acre lake with 25 miles of shoreline and is about 20 miles southeast of downtown San Diego and is known for it's Largemouth Bass and Blue Catfish. The lake has alot of shoreline, but with limited shoreline access so it's preferred to fish by boat. Please note Otay Lake is open for fishing Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from sunrise to sunset all year along.
- Hours: Sunrise to sunset year-round
- Parking: $3
- Private boats, kayaks, float tubes, and canoes are permitted, but must pay a fee to launch.
- The Lower Otay boat launch ramp is located on the west side of the lake right off of Wueste Road
- Rental boats are available through the Rocky Moountain Concession
- Daily fishing permits are required at Lower Otay Lake, as well as are California State Fishing Licenses for all anglers 16 years of age or older.
Lower Otay Lake Fishing
Lower Otay Lake offers great year-round fishing Largemouth Bass, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Bluegill, Blue Catfish and Channel Catfish and Common Carp. The Department of Fish & Game stock trout November thru March.
Lower Otay Lake Fishing Limit & Sizes
- Bass: 5 (Minimum size, 12 inches)
- Catfish: 5
- Trout: 5
- Crappie: 25
- Bluegill: In aggregate, with no limit on other species.
Lower Otay Lake Concession
- Lower Otay Lake' concession store is open on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday’s only, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Lower Otay Lake' concession store sells live bait, fishing tackle, fishing permits, California State fishing licenses as well as ice cream, picnic supplies, soft drinks, snacks, and .
- Boat rentals are available on a first come basis.
Lower Otay Lake Photos
Lower Otay Lake Fishing Videos
These Lower Otay Lake videos highlights some of the most watched Lower Otay Lake fishing videos.
Directions to Lower Otay Lake
2270 Wueste Road, Chula Vista, CA 91915