Lake Cahuilla Veterans Regional Park is a 710-acre park 6 miles South East of Old Town La Quinta.
Lake Cahuilla is a 135-acre lake stocked with Rainbow Trout in the winter and Catfish in the summer and offers great fishing for Bass, Bluegill and Carp.
Lake Cahuilla Rules
Recreation activities are restricted at Lake Cahuilla to help prevent the introduction and spread of quagga and zebra mussels:
- No Boats Allowed / No Floatation Devices
- No Swimming or Body Contact
- Fishing equipment Inspections required upon entry
- Unopened and unused baits only. Baits available on site.
- Fishing licenses are required, but not sold at Lake Caguilla
- See all the park rules, click here
Lake Cahuilla Hours
Summer Hours: May 1 - Oct. 1, 2021
- Fri-Tues: 6am -2pm
- Closed Wed-Thurs
- Extended Night Fishing Hours on “Stocking Fridays” until 9 pm.
Lake Cahuilla Fees
- Camping: $25-45 per night (except for special events)
- Day use: $6 per adult | $3 per child (12 and younger). $20 per vehicle for all Major Holidays & Easter Sunday
- Fishing Per Day: $10 per adult, $8 per child (12 and younger)
- Pets: $2 each, per day
- Sewage Dump Fee: (non-camper): $20
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear for Catfish
Channel Catfish Preferred Bait
Directions to Lake Cahuilla
Lake Cahuilla Address
58075 Jefferson Street
La Quinta, CA 92253