Irvine Lake is a reservoir in Orange County, Ca, surrounded by rugged hills has a surface area of 1.093 mi at an elevation of 1,424 foot.
Irvine Lake is open for shoreline fishing from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays - Sundays fishing license is required. You can purchase bait and tackle onsite at Irvine Lake.
At Irvine Lake you can fish for Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Brook Trout, Largemouth Bass,Black Crappie, Common Carp, Smallmouth Bass, Blue Catfish, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Tule Perch, Inland Silverside, Prickly Sculpin, Green Sunfish, Threadfin Shad, White Crappie and Channel Catfish.
Lake Murray Fishing Information
- No license required. California Department of Fish and Wildlife fishing regulations regarding fish limits apply.
- Shoreline fishing only. No boats, float tubes or other recreational activities available
- Five fish limit
- Bass is catch-and-release only
- Catfish larger than 24 inches must be released
- One rod per person maximum
- Approved baits only: worms, mackerel, dough baits, or artificial lures. No live bait allowed (except worms)
Parking opens at 6 a.m. Gates to lake open at 7 a.m. (6:30 a.m. during trout season). No reentry.
Irvine Lake Photos
Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear
Channel Catfish Preferred Bait
Directions to Irvine Lake
Irvine Lake Address:
4621 E. Santiago Canyon Road, Silverado, CA 92676