Horsetooth Lake is a large reservoir that has 1,900 acres of water and approximately 6.5 miles long one-half mile wide, over 19 miles of shoreline at an elevation of 5,430 feet. Horsetooth Lake is located in the foothills west of Fort Collins in southern Larimer County, Colorado.
Horsetooth Lake offers great fishing for Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, White Bass, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Cutbow Trout and Yellow Perch from the bank or from the boat.
Horsetooth Lake Fishing Limits & Restrictions
- Walleye: Daily limit of 5 total (no size restriction)
- Smallmouth & Largemouth Bass: Daily limit of 5 total (size minimum is 12 inches; all bass in possession must be over 12 inches)
- All species of Trout in Horsetooth (Rainbow Trout, Cut-bow Trout, Brown Trout): Daily statewide limit of 4 total (no size restriction)
- White Bass, Striped Bass or Wipers: Daily statewide limit of 10 total (no size restriction)
- Panfish (including Bluegill, White Crappien, Black Crappie, and all Sunfish): Daily statewide limit of 20 total (no size restriction)
Horsetooth Lake Fishing Videos
These Horsetooth Lake videos highlights some of the most watched Horsetooth Lake fishing videos.